WamCal Ltd Waste Management Training and Consultancy
From its Scottish base WamCal Ltd provides UK-wide training, assessment, research and consultancy for Wastes and Environmental Management. Alistair Lamont MBE, President (2004/05) of the Chartered Institution of Wastes Management is the Managing Director.
Training and Assessment
- New - VRQs levels 3 and 4 New Technologies in Waste Management
- Vocational Qualifications (SVQ or NVQ)at levels 1 to 4
- Integrated Adult Language, Literacy and Numeracy Training
- Waste Management Certificate of Technical Competence (COTC) Awards
- Non-statutory certificate of competence (COC).
- The Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM) Waste Awareness Certificate
WamCal is the leading training provider for WAMITAB/SQA awards in Scotland. The company incorporates the Wastes Management Industry Training and Advisory Board (WAMITAB) Caledonian Regional Centre and is a fully approved SQA Centre for the assessment of candidates for Scottish Vocational Qualifications (SVQs). COTC (Certificate of Technical Competence) Awards are a legal requirement for the management of all licensed waste handling facilities ranging from Civic Amenity Sites, through Waste Treatment and Transfer Plants, to Landfill Sites.
WamCal Ltd has extensive experience in practical Waste Management especially in Recycling, Composting, Incineration and Clincial Waste Treatment. Advice can be provided to assist with planning, design, licensing, operation and monitoring of all types of waste management facilities.
- Waste management licence/environmental permit applications
- Environmental audits - from set up to completion
- PPC applications
- Waste management operations of all types
- Set up and maintenance of waste reclamation and recycling facilities
- All aspects of Composting, including Animal By-product regulations
- Certification to BSI PAS 100, standard for compost (approved WRAP consultants)
- Science-based field trials for compost products
Our mission is to assist businesses, in both the private and public sectors, to improve their awareness of all environmental issues. This is done by ensuring that our customers receive sound advice on the management of the business to improve environmental performance and reduce impacts on the health, safety, and welfare of their employees.
Grangemounth Enterprise Programme Offers a Sure Footing to Recent School-Leavers
The Grangemouth Enterprise Programme, which empowers recent school-leavers with skills that are essential…
Waiving of SEPA Application Fees Results in a Very Busy Close to the Financial Year
SEPA’s aim to stimulate development within the waste sector by waiving WML/PPC application fees until…
Waste Awareness for Offshore Industry
WamCal Ltd has reinforced its links with the offshore industry by delivering a series of CIWM…